Undoubtedly, having visual- and media-based content is a must for having interesting pages on your website. Embedded animation and videos on your websites attract more users to your content, especially when you own online business, more animated elements could increase your customers. Moreover, having a stunning design is one of the basic rules for having a better-ranked website to the search engines. And these goals are not far from you if you use the most popular WordPress video player plugins.
You can easily showcase your products in video formats as a way of making your website stunning. The native WordPress video player may provide you some basic features while you may face restrictions in more professional tasks. While the provided video player plugins (free/paid) have more interesting features and flexibility to present.
The most popular WordPress video player plugins:
- WP Video Lightbox
- ARVE Advanced Responsive Video Embedder
- Easy Video Player
- FV Flowplayer Video Player
- Video Embed & Thumbnail Generator
- Ultimate Video Player WordPress Plugin
- Spider Video Player
- YouTube Plugin
- Video Gallery WordPress Plugin
Before concentrating on the best WordPress video player plugins, let’s take a look at the ways of choosing the most appropriate plugin that suits your expectations more. But before anything make sure of your theme compatibility with the plugins. Try to use third-party hosting services (e.g. YouTube or Vimeo) for faster page loading speed as well as less server space eat up.
Different types of video player WordPress plugins:
- If you need a simple container to show simple-featured videos, e.g. products show or website services, almost every video player plugin can afford your expectations.
- If you are aiming to build a professional video gallery or a complex video directory, you may require a featured gallery builder as well as an advanced video player plugin to add different items, such as downloadable videos, description, author, commenting sections and so forth, to it.
- For having an E-Commerce video section with the aim of selling videos, absolutely the default WordPress video player plugin lacks functionality. Therefore, more specific elements such as WooCommerce plugins and its add-ons are needed to fulfill your goals.
Important considerations before choosing best WordPress video player plugin
- It is important to notice the last updated of a particular plugin and its reviews. This kind of information helps you to make a better decision for better compatibility with your WordPress website.
- If you want to use self-hosting videos on your pages, take attention to your web service supports and features for preventing further server difficulties.
- If you want to use third-parties services for sharing videos, some great WordPress plugins such as Yottie can be a suitable candidate for you that use hosts API as the sharing interface. Similar plugins have different features that you can make use of to reach your desired goals.
- You can easily check different options for these plugins. One of the most features of a plugin is its SEO capability. The plugin must have sections for adding video title, description, and other important metadata to be indexed suitably by the search engine crawlers.
- For having a more stunning video player and gallery it is important to consider the plugins’ control options. Ensure that there are multi-skins and themes for the video player. You should have the ability to completely control the player look and function.
And now on with the best WordPress video player plugins. In this article, we are going to introduce 10 of the most popular WordPress video player plugins to you. So, stay tuned!
The most popular video player WordPress plugins
1- WP Video Lightbox
The WordPress Video Lightbox is a free video player plugin for adding videos into your pages by lightbox overlay display. The duty is done very simply by adding shortcodes to your sections. The videos can be optimized for search engines by adding “alt” and description tags to the video’s shortcode.
Different media such as images, flash, YouTube, Vimeo, iFrame can be displayed in a lightbox overlay. The media are completely responsive to be shown on different platforms.
- Fetching thumbnails for videos
- Using YouTube videos embedded on your site
- Enable/disable YouTube video features on your videos (e.g. video suggestions)
- Using flexible shortcodes and HTML codes
- Showing pop up media in lightbox
2- ARVE Advanced Responsive Video Embedder
It is one of the most popular WordPress video player plugins for embedding videos on your site. It is great to know that this plugin is one of the most featured free plugins too. By using its amazing features, you won’t need any additional plugins to work with. As the name implies, it is completely responsive to showing videos on different devices without any difficulties.
- By specifying the title, description, and other tags, the videos are optimized for better indexing by the search engines
- Supporting WYSIWYG for embedding videos without the use of shortcodes
- Adding responsive videos
- Supporting different video hosts
3- Easy Video Player
Easy Video Player allows adding your video into your pages and posts. The videos can be displayed through both internal and external links by shortcodes. The settings are completely user-friendly. You can customize the plugin by setting video autoplay, displaying control, player ratio, player skin, and more.
- Displaying MP4 format videos
- Embedded responsive videos
- Embedded HTML5 videos that support different browsers
- Embedded videos containing poster images
- Embedded videos with autoplay and loop
4- FV Flowplayer Video Player
This is a well-known free and user-friendly plugin for embedding FLV and MP4 videos on your pages and posts based on HTML5 codes with Flash fallback. The embedded videos are responsive to be shown on different devices.
- Using powerful playlist
- Customizing the starting and end of the videos
- Displaying clickable splash screen at the beginning of the video
- Displaying popup box after video ending
- Some extra features in pro edition
5- Video Embed & Thumbnail Generator
As the title implies, this is a free WordPress plugin for adding videos and thumbnail into your site. Different media players such as Video.js, MediaElement.js, Adobe Strobe Media Playback Flash Player, and JW Player 6 is added to its features. The main reason we added this plugin into our list of the most popular WordPress video player plugins is its is the flexibility of players to be displayed on different devices.
- Adding subtitles and captions to the media
- Adding a popup video gallery
- Flexible video size for a different layout
- Shareable videos for Facebook and Twitter
6- Ultimate Video Player WordPress Plugin
Ultimate Video Player is a premium WordPress plugin for displaying different media on different browsers and devices. The media can be from either self-host or external ones such as YouTube or Vimeo. However only MP4 formats can be played from the local server.
- Embedding responsive videos
- Customizable video quality, subtitle display, and speed control by users
- Embedding password-protected media
- Displaying popup ads
- Different customizable skins for the player
7- Spider Video Player
Spider Video Player is a popular and free plugin for embedding HTML5 and Flash videos on your website. You can customize your videos into the playlist form and select your desired layout. It comes with different skins for making your player shines.
- Flexible API
- Supports HTML5
- Supports HD videos
- Customizable player by different themes and skins
- Shareable videos on social media
- A user-friendly plugin including video quality selection
- Supports individual thumbnail
8- YouTube Plugin
One of the best plugins in category of the most popular WordPress video player plugins is this one. this plugin has more than a hundred active install that allows you to embed YouTube videos on your website. Moreover, lots of customizing options come with it as you install this plugin.
- Adjustable options and control
- Different skins and header layouts
- Ads control to be shown or hidden
9- Video Gallery WordPress Plugin
Video Gallery is a suitable plugin for making responsive video galleries that can be properly displayed on different devices. The other important feature is its customizing capability for making your desired galley. The plugin comes with 5 different skins for making flexible themes.
- Skin and skin generator
- Compatible with different devices
- Editing single and handpicked videos in the gallery
- Video streaming from both self-hosted sources and other video hosting services (e.g. YouTube and Vimeo API)
- Social media integration
- Supports subtitle and video title and description
- Shortcode-based video posting
MediaElement.js has more than 20,000 active installs because it is one of the most popular video player free WordPress plugins. It is built on an HTML5 media player library and contains Flash or Silverlight fallback players for non-HTML5 browsers. Different file formats such as MP4, OGG, WebM, WMV, MP3, WAV, and WMA are supported.
The plugin is a shortcode-based video player that different features like file format, source, layout, and display options are simply added through codes.
- Totally free plugin
- Supports both HTML5 and non-HTML5 browsers
- Responsive video player
- Customizable shortcodes for improving displaying window
Different appropriate video player WordPress plugins have introduced to you in this article. You can decide and pick the one that suits you and your goal best. As we mentioned, most of them have similar features while the most options to take into account are the customizable player and included skins. These features can stand out one plugin from others.
At last, don’t hesitate to share your comments and suggestions with us. You can share your experience with any of the mentioned plugins with us, as well as introducing any new plugins that you are familiar with.