Is the default WordPress login page boring and so plain for you, too? Have you ever thought of a tool for customizing the WordPress login page and even make it more secure and exclusive? So, stay with us because this article is written for you. In this article, we are going to introduce the best WordPress login page plugins to you which can completely change the login page you see after WordPress installation.
Customizing the WordPress login page for appearance and higher security by plugins
As mentioned above, the default WordPress login page may seem plain and uninteresting, especially when you want to upgrade your website to a multi-user website. Some of the hand-picked plugins that we are going to discuss are suitable for making the site more secure and others are presented for appearance changes.
Above all, let’s take a deeper look at the best WordPress login page plugins. Firstly, we introduce 4 plugins that customize the view of the login page. Then, the security plugins will be discussed:
1. WordPress login page view plugins
1.1. Custom Login Page Customizer
This cool plugin has more than +80,000 active installs also known as LoginPress. You are able to customize your login page based on your demand and even your site layout. You can easily modify the login page options such as the error messages, forget message hints, registration error message, the look, and even more.
- Changing the login page view by theme customizer
- Exclusive login page
With more than +2 million active installs, WPForms is one of the best WordPress contact form builders that contain different registration addons for higher flexibility. All the creation processes can be done by only a few clicks without any coding knowledge. However, you can make use of this plugin for making your dedicated login page.
- High flexibility
- Stunning UI
- Drag/drop elements
- Fully responsive which is great for mobile view
- Powerful registration addon
WordPress.org Page Official Website
1.3. Theme My Login
It is an amazing plugin that allows you to bypass your users to another page whenever they intended to register. The process will be handled out of the box in order to make a better yet similar to your theme layout login page.
- Make a login page like your frontend of the website
- Customizing the login, password recovery, and registration page
- Registering through email or/and username
- Configuring auto-login option
- More than +100,000 active installs
1.4. Peter’s Login Redirect
If you have decided to redirect your users to a different and specific page after their login, Peter’s Login Redirect plugin can handle the job. The interesting feature of this plugin is that you can assign variable redirects to different users and roles based on their capabilities.
- Variable redirect rules for different users
- Post-registration redirect
- Redirecting based on user’s IP address
- Creating customized code logic
- More than +90,000 active installs
2. WordPress Login Page Security plugins
2.1. Temporary Login Without Password
Have you ever faced a problem inside your website that needs a developer to fix it? By this plugin, you can give temporary time-based access to a user. Therefore, you can give access without any account creating that will be invalid after the set time.
- Creating self-expiring, automatic access
- Editor or developer access without a username or password
- More than +10,000 active installs
2.2. Login Lockdown
You can modify a login lockdown whenever a certain number of unsuccessful attempts have been made for logging into your website. The login process is monitored by the IP address and so the failed login attempt will be detected. Hence, the IP address will be disabled for a specified time after predefined attempts. All this procedure is needed to prevent password cracking by the hackers who use special automated scripts for hacking your website.
- The customizable accepted number of failed login attempts
- Customizable IP blocking time
- More than +100,000 active installs
2.3. WP Security Questions
In order to add a more security step, you may want to place a security question option in the registration, login and forget password screens. Therefore, the accounts will be protected against password cracking by a hack. The plugin comes with a set of personal questions that the user has to choose and assign an answer to it. Hence, whenever the user forgets the password, this strategy comes to help.
- Comes with an either free or premium edition
- Customizing the questions
- Show/hide questions option for different login, registration, or forget password pages
- More than +2,000 active installs
2.4. Simple History
If you are running a multi-user website and are curious about the activity of your users, this plugin may be a good and suitable option for you. It will show the recent user’s activity, changes that have been made within your WordPress website. All the monitoring process can be handled directly on your dashboard or a separate specific page.
- Tracking the users logged in or out
- Tracking user’s activity on your site
- Simply supports different history such as posts, pages, attachments, comments, etc. change
- Compatible with different plugins like Jetpack, Advanced Custom Fields (ACF), and more
- More than +100,000 active installs
2.5. Nextend Social Login and Register
You should consider the time consuming of users on your site login page. Therefore, try to make everything handy and easy in order to have a better user experience on your site. Hence, instead of spending time typing username and password in the registry or login process, it would be a better idea to let users log in to your site by their social profiles such as Facebook, Google, Twitter, and more. Besides, instead of forcing them to wait for a validation email, this technique will make the process easier. Above all, the Nextend Social Login Register plugin will help you through.
- Free useful plugin
- Login and registration process with social media accounts
- Multi-account supports
- Customizable design
- More than +200,000 active installs
2.6. Prevent Concurrent Logins
If you own an online store website or a membership site and you want to keep the users’ username and password exclusive you may want to take advantage of using this plugin. This option becomes more useful when you are running a website that sells online courses. Thus, no more than a person can log into your website with a single account, so your business can remain safe.
- Avoiding users to share their account with others
- Improving security by automatically destroying old sessions
- More than +1,000 active installs
2.7. Inactive Logout
If you are working on your WordPress site on a public computer system, you should log out of your account after finishing your session. However, sometimes you might forget to terminate the active session. Inactive Logout plugin will log out your account automatically after passing a predefined inactive time in your account.
- Customizable idle timeout time
- Showing countdown to the user before login out (removable)
- Custom pop-up message
- Instead of showing a pop-up, redirecting your account after the timeout to a custom page
- More than +6,000 active installs
The last words
In conclusion, we introduced to you the best WordPress login page plugins and discussed their important features. There are more customizing login page plugins provided to you to make your dedicated one. However, very soon we will show you how to make a full exclusive login page employing interesting plugins. So, stay alerted!