Are you confused by all those WordPress backup plugins on the market? Haven’t you decided to pick the most appropriate backup plugin up for your websites?
So, stay tuned! We have come to you for introducing and comparing the best backup WordPress plugins. In this article, we are going to list the detailed information of each famous WordPress backup plugins on the market. And finally, we will give a conclusion of what will have discussed.
Why do we need to back up our data regularly?
If you have started to have your website, you should be aware of the importance of data backup. You may think that only having server-side support will handle everything. But, imagine the time that your server service company faces problems, or you are using a cheap one. In this situation, you may wake up in a beautiful morning while everything turns to a nightmare while understanding your data loss. Having said that, let’s review some of the importance of backing data up regularly:
- Preventing data loss
- Acting as a plan B for server-side backup
- Increasing marketing and sales by client relationship (In the condition that you don’t own the website)
- Archiving data
- Saving time
- Mind peaceful
So do not forget to use a WordPress backup plugin right after WordPress installation.
How to choose a WordPress backup plugin
Now that we are informed of the data saving let’s get back to using a suitable WordPress backup plugin. As you can find lots of backup WordPress plugins in the market, choosing the correct one may seem difficult. First, before going through, we will discuss the things that you should consider before activating the plugin:
How is the backup done?
Database backup: Some plugins only are provided for backing up the WordPress database
Complete backup: Some other plugins can create a comprehensive backup over all of your data, including WordPress database and other files and media
Scheduled backup: Having a regular backup program is vital for a more effective process
Where are the best WordPress backup plugins?
By improving technology, more file storage and synchronization service have been developed widely. Hence, these services allow you to save your files in the storage space prepared for you in an online container. Therefore, most of the featured backup WordPress plugins, nowadays, have this featured connected for more efficiency.
In the following section, we take a detailed look at the most popular WordPress backup plugins:
- WordPress Backup and Migrate Plugin – Backup Guard
UpdraftPlus is the most popular and world’s highest rank backup plugin with more than two million active-installs. You can easily backup your files based on your scheduled plan, and transfer them directly to most of the great file storage services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon S3, and even more.
Although you can have the most benefits using UpdraftPlus, by purchasing its premium version, more features will be added to the plugin’s core.
- Supports Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon S3, FTP, DreamObjects, Openstack Swift, email, etc.
- Comprehensive and easy to use
- Vast user base
- Restoring data
- Scheduled and automatic backup
- More than 2M active installations
Duplicator is a migration plugin. You can backup your whole site, or clone your website, make a .zip copy file and migrate it to other locations or servers. Like other backup WordPress plugins, you can schedule data backup, and send them to public file storage services. However, the essential features that Duplicator presents are its website cloning ability that allows you to put all your WordPress site components, such as activated theme, plugins, posts, and media into one file.
- Move, migrate, clone and bundle WordPress site
- Transferring a WordPress website to another host
- Manually backup WordPress site
- More than 1M active installation
BackWPup is another WordPress backup plugin that allows you to backup your site data to transfer them to a file storage service such as Dropbox and Amazon S3. Although you can earn a lot of benefits by using the free version, dozens of smart features are contained with the plugin when you purchase its premium version. For example, Amazon Glacier and Google Drive services are available in the premium version.
- Backup and restore WordPress data
- WordPress XML Export
- Backups in different file formats such as zip, tar, tar.gz
- Supports different remote file storing services (FTP, Dropbox, Amazon S3, and more)
- Sends logs and backup by email
- More than 600,000 active installations
It is an easy-to-use and user-friendly plugin that lets you back up your data based on a scheduled plan. Moreover, you can use sharing services to store your backed-up data for less memory usage on your system.
- Multiple scheduled backup
- Supports both Linux and Windows Server
- Multi-lingual plugin
- More than 200,000 active installations
5. WordPress Backup and Migrate Plugin – Backup Guard
With more than 70,000 active installations, this plugin has been tried to protect users’ files by offering methods to backup, restore and even migrate the WordPress websites.
- Backup files and database based on database tables
- Restore backups to any destination
- Supports multisite WordPress network
- Supports Dropbox as a remote file storage service (Other services are available in the Premium version)
- Scheduled and automatic backups
- Migrate site (accessible in Premium version)
- More than 70,000 active installations
WordPress.org page Official Website
We dedicated to five out of the most famous WordPress backup plugins you can get leverage to save your files before being removed. As we mentioned, keeping your data before losing them helps you feel more relaxed when you are working on your projects. And this is the main reason why WordPress is the best CMS. Because you can find thousands of plugins in any field you need.
We have introduced to you the best file and database backup WordPress. These plugins allow you to regularly backup your website, and even some of them have the feature to transfer the whole website to another server or site. Do not forget installing these plugins in one of the methods to improve your WordPress security. Please share with us and our readers if you use different backup plugins or experience in using mentioned plugins.